What is the Billy
For those that don’t know “The Billy” came about from the Phoenix Cup 2018 in Florida when a team of disabled golfers from USA & Europe played at Rotonda Golf Club.
Mr. Billy Cairns was a team member of the travelling european team and unfortunately passed away the day after arriving in Florida. This made the competition very emotional and ensured that the camaraderie between the 2 teams was unprecedented.
The Cairns Cup – 2020
At the end of the 2018 competition both The USA & European teams thought a lasting Transatlantic Pan disability Ryder Cup would be a fitting tribute to “Our Billy” and that a long-term plan for the now named The Cairns Cup – “The Billy” be formed.
This will be played 7th – 13th September 2020 at the CELTIC MANOR RESORT – venue of the 2010 RYDER CUP.
5 Golfers in each of the following handicap categories.0 – 10, 11- 18 & 18 plus with
1 Golfer in each category left out each day.
We are looking at having at least 5 different types of disabilities to be represented all together – This may or may not be achievable, but we will endeavour to do our best.
We will also have both genders represented.
We are also looking at getting more golfers from mainland Europe involved to give a true representation of a European team.
Day 1 – 6 x Foursomes – 50% Combined
Day 2 – 6 x Fourballs – 90% Handicap applies from low man
Day 3 – 12 x Singles – Full Handicap
7 days at Celtic Manor Resort, Wales 7th – 13th September 2020
• 7 nights in an 8-person lodge – Shared accommodation only
• 1 Am-Am on 2010 Course – 1 Disabled golfer plus 3 person paying team
• 3 days of The Billy on 2010 Course
• 4 Evening Meals.
Players selected in both teams will play in the Am-Am representing not their specific team for the day but disabled golf in general. We will expect players to promote disabled golf within their team making sure that the 3 people their playing with have a good understanding of disabled golf and a personal story to take away.
Both Teams have 4 x 8-person lodges 32 spaces available – People travelling with Partners, Carers or Caddies will share a room together and those travelling alone will be paired with another team member.
Hole Sponsors Required
We are looking for 18 Hole Sponsors for The Cairns Cup aka “The Billy” to be held at Celtic Manor Resort between Monday 7th September – 13th September 2020.
The Cairns Cup is a Pan Disability Ryder Cup style competition played between disabled golfers from Europe and USA. It portrays golf handicaps from 0 – 36 and at least 5 different disabilities will be on show throughout the event.
Whats a Sponsor will get:
• Marketing opportunities from the date of sponsorship for “The Billy” 2020 and invoice paid in Full.
• Regular feeds on Twitter, Facebook & Instagram from BIG, TSG, Celtic Manor & in USA.
• Advert on Event leaflets that will be regularly updated to keep information up to date.
• A 10ft approx. sail flag with your companies LOGO and company information (design to be agreed by you) that will be used on a hole allocated to you throughout the Am-Am on 2010 course and 3 days of “The Billy” on the Roman Course.
• When competition is not on these flags maybe flown during the week in and about the Resort as allowed by Celtic Manor.
• British Inclusive Golf will also fly the flags at their events throughout 2019 & 2020 making sure that plenty of photo opportunities are pushed through social media.
• Sponsors will be mentioned in magazines during the build up to the event and in Final event report.
• 3 People will get to play on the 2010 course with a USA or Europe team member in the Am-Am on Wednesday 9th September 2020. (Buggies Included)
• Each player will get Coffee & Bacon Roll on arrival, 3 Course Gala Dinner & Goodie Bag
Sponsors of The CAIRNS CUP 2020
Thank you for your support of this event